Monday 22 November 2010

What I have learnt from watching horror film opening credits

- From watching the opening credits to "Dawn of the Dead", "Splice" and "Mimic, I have learnt several things which we need to take into consideration when creating our own opening credits.
- As our opening will contain quite a lot of video footage, I think that it would be a good idea for my group to have the writing over the top of the footage, instead of seperately; like on the opening for "Splice".
- Also, I think that it looks most effective when the film name isn't revealed until the end, as it adds anticipation for the audience.
- The opening credits often contain the name of the main actors, and the producers and directors. This is because more people pay attention to the opening credits than they do the end ones, as the film would have already finished.
- In my opinion, short, sharp camera shots look best as they switch from one to another quickly, which adds apprehension for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment